Baby K: Week 13

Wednesday, October 26, 2011

(In cased you missed it, check out our big announcement and Baby K: Week 5, Week 6, Week 7, Week 8, Week 9, Week 10, Week 11 and Week 12.)

At week 13, Baby K is as long as a shrimp! To celebrate, maybe you should think about dressing your baby as an adorable little shrimpy this Halloween. No?


This was an exciting week, as we had our second midwife appointment! I can't say enough how happy we are so far with the nurse midwives office we are going to. So far, both midwifes we have met with have been incredibly warm, excited for us, and patient to answer any questions we may have. They're never in a rush or make us feel like we're just fitting into their jam-packed schedules.

We were finally able to hear Baby K's heartbeat! We heard a galloping 150 bpm heartbeat and officially confirmed that there is a baby in there and I'm not just getting chubby from all of the bagels and cream cheese I've been stuffing my face with.

I also broke down this week and bought some full-panel maternity jeans from Old Navy. I'm not going to fight the good fight to wear my normal jeans. I'd rather opt for extreme comfort, which I've definitely found with this fabulous tummy panel. Love it! Ladies, embrace the panel.

Sorry for the headless picture today...I was looking just too tired for my own good. No need to scare anyone.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad you're liking your midwife experience. Here in the UK all prenatal care is handled by midwives and at 21 weeks I am loving it! It seems so much more a relaxed and natural experience than most of my American friends have had.

Terese said...

looking good! i waited until about 20 weeks to give into maternity jeans...not sure why now...they are SO comfortable!

Post a Comment