Fun Review: Birchbox

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

I'd heard a bit about Birchbox earlier in the year, but since I was on the "baby train" I didn't look into it (I should also note that everytime I've attempted to write "Birchbox" I have, instead, written "Birthbox"). Since it had nothing to do with diapers, pacifiers or cribs, it wasn't really on my radar.

Now that I'm trying to get back on the "me train" a little bit, I decided to look into it. After going to the site I checked out what it was all about: "Birchbox is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products. Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and earn points with every purchase."

I was intrigued. And delighted to see that a subscription was only $10 a month. While a little bit of an extravagence (I mean, it's definitely a want over a need), I decided it was at least worth giving it a shot. If it what I received in the first box didn't feel worth $10, I could easily cancel.

After being excited about signing up, I was midly disappointed that there was a waitlist! But after a few weeks I received an email that the wait was over!

My first box arrived a few weeks later. Soy Joy bar? Delicious. Full sized masacara? Awesome. Perfume sample, dry shampoo sample, and small nail polish? Extra nice! I enjoyed each one of the products. And with that, I kept my subscription and anxiously awaited for the next month.



{source}

I just received my second box. Adorable nail file? Perfect for filing Sadie's little nails! Perfume sample, cute little mini blush, an almost-full-sized lip balm, and a good-sized clarifying shampoo? Amazing!


{source}


The packaging is so fantastic, too, that I've been able to re-use the boxes for other gifts. And while mostly samples (with the occasional full-sized item thrown in), almost everything is very usable. Sometimes when you get beauty samples the arrive in flimsy little single-use packages that aren't very practical. What Birchbox sends are good quality, usable items. The shampoo is a perfect travel size, the lip balm is barely smaller than the full-sized product, the perfume samples are nice little samples with a spray top. The only downside so far has been the dry shampoo. It's a delicious smelling lavendar, but since it's just a little paper packet you cannot close it. Therefore, my entire medicine cabinet smells like lavendar. Not that I'm complaining, but it is a tad bit messy.

Overall, the value is totally there at $10 a month. I'm a busy working mom and I can never justify spending money on myself for beauty products. I subscribe to fast/easiest/cheapest most of the time. So I love the opportunity to try something new and have something a little special sent to me each month.

Intrigued and want to sign up? Just follow my referral link!

Note: this review simply expresses my personal experience with Birchbox, which I pay for each month.

No comments:

Post a Comment