DIY Christmas Stockings

Monday, December 10, 2012

I've been chugging right along with my current crafting/sewing projects I'd wanted to do! So much to do, so little time!

With the Christmas holiday around the corner, I wanted to make sure we had family stockings! While Sadie won't know/remember whether or not she had a stocking for her first Christmas, I would know. But I didn't really want to spend the money on stockings, especially since fabric is so much cheaper than buying pre-made stockings.

I found a super easy and free pattern on About.com. Their version made not be the prettiest and the instructions aren't the clearest, but free is always great!

I spent $7.50 on fabric (1/2 yard of green chevron and 1/2 yard of pink chevron) along with some solid colors I already had in my fabric stash and some felt I had on hand for the names. With these supplies I was able to make four stockings.

And...voila! (please excuse the poor quality iPhone picture!)


They aren't perfect but they were made with love! And they're bright, cheery, and fun. And, as I said, only cost me $7.50! I've seen similar stockings selling on Etsy for $25+ per stocking. I also have a fourth stocking for our pup Charlie, but with the longest name in the bunch I haven't been able to sew his name onto his stocking. That will probably be a project for January when I have more time on my hands.

So, one project done, a million to go over the next couple of weeks!

1 comment:

BigAppleNosh said...

These came out so great! :)

Post a Comment