On the road again...

Monday, July 12, 2010

I tempted fate and went out for a run tonight...my FIRST RUN back since my stress fracture a month ago (OMG I can't believe it's been a month of a somewhat fractured foot).

My biggest excitement was taking my new shoes out for a spin. Since I had been running in 4-year-old shoes (I know, I know - BAD), Steve had me go out and buy some new shoes. The super energetic guy at the running store fit me with a bouncy pair of Mizunos. The downside being, of course, that I couldn't run in them while my foot healed.

So, I was really, really, really, really excited to finally run in these:


It was literally like running on air (ok, not quite air...but definitely not like pounding on pavement). I also bought some fancy schmancy insoles to go with them, which I think we worth the 30 bucks.

At the end of the run, I was dying because it was hot out and I'd lost a lot of my endurance, but both of my feet felt absolutely fantastic! I am so unbelievably happy...which also proves the point that my love for shoes now extends to the athletic variety.

2 comments:

BigAppleNosh said...

Oooh nice! My sneakers are still relatively new, so new ones anytime soon.

lavenderpug said...

those look really cool! no wonder you were excited about running!

Post a Comment