Girl & the Goat

Friday, July 30, 2010

I'm so sad that I missed posting yesterday, but I had a good excuse...last night we went to the studio opening of a fabulous photographer, Kevin Weinstein, and before the party Steve and I grabbed a drink and a bite at Stephanie Izard's new restaurant Girl & the Goat. Nom, nom, nom, the food was out of this world!

The main dinner menu is broken down into vegetable, fish and meat. Here's a sneak peak at the fish section. Are you drooling yet?


We each started off with a beer. Steve opted for the Sofie, and since I like to choose beers based on the name, I chose the Victory Golden Monkey.


They have a breakmaker who makes the bread daily. We ordered the Buenos Dias bread, which was a loaf spotted with cranberries (I think?) and served with coffee butter and blueberry oil. Coffee butter needs to make a regular appearance in my every day life a.s.a.p.


Off the fish section we ordered the soft shell crab with sweet corn, lime and chili aioli. Sorry for the wonky picture - we had already split it in half and I had to hold myself back from just diving my face into it. Seriously, the corn was so flavorful and the crab just tasted amazing. I'm still dreaming about it.


Finally, we ordered the beet salad, which had green beans, anchovies and an avocado creme fraiche. Steve said this was the best thing he had off of the menu. I liked the overall flavors, but anchovies and beets aren't my cup of tea. I was still thinking about that crab...


Overall, Girl & the Goat was incredibly well executed. We had a great spot at the bar to order our drinks and bites, everything is served family style so it's fun to order a lot of dishes to share, the restaurant as a whole had a comfortable, loungy feel and you're hit with a wonderful bacon-y smell right when you walk in the door. Yummmmm.

2 comments:

BigAppleNosh said...

Looks delicious!

Valerie said...

The beet salad looks divine! What a delicious meal and a great beer choice. Golden Monkey is one of my favorites and the brewery / restaurant is a favorite haunt of ours. If you liked this, see if your beer distributor has a variety pack. Some are good and others will knock your socks off!

Post a Comment