Baby K: Weeks 34 and 35

Monday, March 19, 2012

Rumor has it, we're getting very, very close to having this baby. How the heck did that happen?! I feel like there is so much to get done: little details in the nursery, sewing projects, figuring out this whole breastfeeding thing, mentally preparing myself for the natural birth that I want although I'm scared that I won't be able to do.

On top of wanting to get so much stuff done, I am experiencing one of my first pregnancy symptoms: swelling! After being at a work event and on my feet for too long, I came home with a left foot that had doubled in size. Ugh. The right foot? Perfectly fine. Just the left looked wonky. Oh, and I have a terrible soar throat/cough/cold. Double ugh. I've been feeling awful and am hoping that I'll be healthy again soon. Chicago has had record breaking March weather - it's so warm out and I can't enjoy any of it! It's pretty miserable.

Anyway, in the meantime Baby K has been getting bigger by the minute.

At Week 34, Baby K weighs as much as a cantaloupe - about 4 3/4 pounds! And, having a cantaloupe inside of me makes me look like this:


At Week 35, Baby K weighs as much as a honeydew melon - a big old 5 1/4 pounds. Yikes! With my honeydew-sized baby in my belly, I look like this:


We are getting very, very excited for Baby K's arrival and are just as nervous. I can't believe baby will be here so soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment