Baby K: Weeks 26, 27 and 28

Sunday, January 29, 2012

I can't believe we're already at 28 weeks with Baby K! I've experienced so many kicks and hiccups and just tons and tons of movement. We've also had a bit more of a "baby schedule" where Peanut wakes up kicking when my alarm goes off in the morning and is a pretty active mover in the afternoons and late evening. And, apparently, quite active at around 2 or 3 am when Steve comes to bed and I'm passed out cold.

I feel more pregnant in the fact that my belly feels heavier and my back has been hurting a little bit more. But I'm still moving around very easily, I'm not craving anything crazy, my ankles are still skinny (yay!), although my calves are fatter (boo!), and my belly button is still very much an inny.

At our last midwife appointment it was confirmed that we have a very "feisty" baby (as described by our midwife). Peanut was moving all around and she had a hard time tracking baby down to get the heartbeat. At the appointment before that, Peanut was kicking so much that the Doppler wouldn't register the heart rate. Quite the mover and shaker, our little one! I also did the dreaded glucose test at my last appointment with the horrible orange drink. Here's hoping I passed!

I'm also excited to share that I'm now blogging at Hellobee as Mrs. Hopscotch! I have been using Hellobee as a huge resource in baby planning (i.e. figuring out what to register for, learning what to expect when Baby K arrives), so I'm thrilled to be sharing our journey on the site. Check it out!

And now, onto the belly...

When we hit week 26, Baby K was as long as a hothouse cucumber.
{source}

At 27 weeks, Baby K was as heavy as a head of cauliflower...

{source}

...making my belly look like this.


And now at 28 weeks, Baby K is as heavy as a Chinese cabbage...
{source}

...making my belly look like this.


Oh my goodness, that's a big belly!

No comments:

Post a Comment