Summer Shoe Love

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

We are finally seeing warmer weather here in Chicago - hallelujah! - so I kinda sorta feel comfortable putting away the cold weather clothes and busting out fun summer dresses and flip flops. I absolutely live in flip flops during the summer...but they don't, you know, look very dressy. And any pair of "nicer" flip flops I buy just aren't comfortable.

So a couple of weeks ago I was hunting around in Piperlime for a new purse, and decided to check out some sandals. I came across the Pierre Dumas Devora...not only did the sandals have great reviews, but they were on sale for around $20!

I decided to buy them in "Whiskey" because I figured that would go with everything. And, of course the day after I bought them I realized they would not go with everything...specifically, they would not go with the super awesome dark brown sun dress I just bought from Anthropologie. Hmph. I called Piperlime to see if they could switch out my order, but sadly they were already set for shipping.

Two days later, the sandals arrived and I slipped them right on my feet at my desk and walked around the office. They. Are. Amazing. So comfortable and cute! But they just don't match my new dress.

{Source}

So, what's a girl to do? Go right back online and buy them in gold, too!

The gold are just as fabulous as the "Whiskey" color and between the two, I can tackle any summer outfit.

Do you have a summer shoe love?

1 comment:

MKK said...

Oh my gosh... I totally want these! I love that they have a strap on the back. They are already back to regular price at $35 though :(... I guess I will have to stalk them until they are on sale again. Thanks for the find -- SO cute!!

Post a Comment